Skywarn activity this year?

Discussion in 'Skywarn Storm Spotting' started by wedgar, Dec 10, 2014.

1. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

What Skywarn activity did your local group see this past year?

2. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones You can't make me come in Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

Skywarn has been rather sparse this year. Reallly. Nothing much happened in the area to require any activations. Not that I am complaining. We have had years when it was just the opposite and didn't have a peaceful month back to back.

wedgar likes this.
  3. wedgar

AMEN! It had been quiet here as well and I'm not complaining either.

I expect to miss the howls of winter in Pennsylvania in February and March - taking the RV down to Georgia and Florida for those two months.

Hopefully no Skywarn activity will be needed then.

4. WA3PZO

WA3PZO Moderator Staff Member

You are bringing the warm weather back with you. Aren't you?

wedgar likes this.
  5. wedgar

But of course! :rolleyes:

W.T. Jones likes this.
  6. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones You can't make me come in Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient

If you need a receipt for the warm weather I'll be glad to give you one.

You know when you bring it back some of our foul weather goes south. The folks in GA are particular about who they trade wx with.

wedgar likes this.
  7. wedgar

You don't say... :p

How much slow did you get over the last several days? We got about a foot and I had to put the plow blade on the ATV last night to move it.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  8. W.T. Jones

Nothing really to mention here. There was a lot of talk but no show. Right now the grass is green. If this keeps up I'll have to get the lawn mower out of storage.

Oops, wait a minute. Just noticed some snow flurries. But it will be 45 degrees here tomorrow.

wedgar likes this.
  9. wedgar

Nothing like mowing the slow! :mad: