The Big Snow Storm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wedgar, Jan 24, 2016.

1. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

How'd everyone make out in the big winter snow storm this weekend?

My wife mentioned we had a dusting of snow, not much accumulation in northern PA. (we're three miles of the NY/PA border)

In Savannah, I had temps in the high 20's at night (46 right now), but no snow. Northern GA was supposed to get a little snow.

2. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

A Whopping .9 inches here.

20 miles farther south - 20 inches. Even 10 miles south was at the 5 inch mark. Quite a sharp dividing line.

wedgar likes this.
  3. wedgar

I saw Somerset County had about 30+ inches of snow and about 250 ATV owners helped to deliver water/food to stranded motorists in that area. I have a Can-Am ATV, don't know if I'd want to be riding around in 30 inches of snow. Now if I had tracks rather than tires, that would be entirely different.

Riding in the snow with an ATV is fun and I've got heated hand grips.

4. Michael J Malone

Michael J Malone Active Member

22 inches here in Bensalem

wedgar likes this.
  5. wedgar

Hopefully you didn't have to go out much in the snow.

6. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

I kind of feel left out of the big one. Maybe next time!

wedgar likes this.
  7. wedgar

Ssshhhh. Everyone else will want one also.

8. W.T. Jones

Naw, there are smart people out there that really know enough not to want snow. BTW, I hear rumors of another one coming down the pike.

wedgar likes this.
  9. wedgar

I heard there is another storm in the offing for PA.

I am currently in Louisiana and I see that near where my RV is in Savannah, they had at least one tornado that tore through Fort Stewart and displace some military families.

Each area of the country has its own weather foibles to contend with.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  10. W.T. Jones

Well, whether we like it or not it is the weather. As my Father used to say "Suck it and deal with it. God gave it to us as test. Now pass it!"

wedgar likes this.
  11. wedgar

Yep. That's logical thinking for you... It makes good sense to me.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  12. W.T. Jones

Well the last I noticed, complaining about a snowstorm is about as productive as ranting against Obamacare. It doesn't change the situation but it sure makes you feel better.

wedgar likes this.
  13. wedgar

We probably have more influence on Obamacare than we do the weather... However, point taken.