Veterans Day - 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by W.T. Jones, Nov 8, 2015.

1. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

Veterans Day - 2015
    [​IMG]
    Thank You Veterans! Because of what you did we can do what we do!

wedgar likes this.
  2. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

Amen!

Thank you for sharing this.

3. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

It is always good to thank a Veteran. I did it at Dino's Restaurant tonight and the elderly Gentleman, a Korean War Veteran, looked at me sternly and said "You must be a Veteran yourself. Seems that only other Veterans appreciate what we did."

Sad commentary on the state of affairs today.

wedgar likes this.
  4. wedgar

You know Walt, I've heard that often in Savannah and from many people. It could be that Savannah has two military bases in town, Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Air Force Base.

I think it is a good thing thanking those who have served.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  5. W.T. Jones

I remember being at Hunter Army Air Force base on a security audit. Rather weird to be auditing a military base.

I like that area. Enjoyed my several weeks there and even got some range time in while I was there. Never expected that but there always seems to be some fellow shooters around when you want to have some fun.

wedgar likes this.
  6. wedgar

I'm about 10 minutes from HAAF.

There are plenty of places to get some range time here. We've had some fun plinking with some toys...

7. Michael J Malone

Michael J Malone Active Member

8. Michael J Malone

With respect and admiration, I disagree. Most of my acquaintances do not forget/ have not forgotten. The above photo is how I see the five names of friends and school mates on the wall.

Mike - WE3L

9. Michael J Malone

From the original Armistice Day Proclamation

Whereas the legislatures of twenty-seven of our States have already declared November 11 to be a legal holiday: Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate (the House of Representatives concurring), that the President of the United States is requested to issue a proclamation calling upon the officials to display the flag of the United States on all Government buildings on November 11 and inviting the people of the United States to observe the day in schools and churches, or other suitable places, with appropriate ceremonies of friendly relations with all other peoples.

Eisenhower broadened the observance to embrace all who served wherever they served.

BUT -

I saw no officials in my region even hint at such celebration.

I remember the parades. There was always some active duty contingent that the watching and marching Vets could deservedly 'inspect' to see who was to bear the flag next if needed.

I suppose that politics has so grasped control of us, they, the politicians, no longer need to lie about caring.

Mike - WE3L

10. wedgar

Mike, I like the picture you uploaded.

Yep, I think we need to take better care of our veterans.

I think it is shameful we are bringing in foreign nationals and supplying them will all kinds of assistance and we don't help out veterans who fought for that right.

W.T. Jones likes this.
  11. wedgar

I believe that to be the case of the current administration...

W.T. Jones likes this.