Visit to the Pittsburgh Zoo with Two of my Grandchildren

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wedgar, Aug 14, 2016.

1. wedgar

wedgar Administrator Staff Member Gold Member

W.T. Jones likes this.
  2. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Gold Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv ARES Member

Hey, wedgar,

What side of the fence were you on?

wedgar likes this.
  3. wedgar

The good side. If you haven't viewed it, the first 5 minutes or so has some of your most favorite wildlife exhibits...

4. Tony

I'm afraid to even ask. :rolleyes:

wedgar likes this.
  5. wedgar

Well... Did you watch it? :p

Tony likes this.
  6. Tony

You and those damned snakes.

wedgar likes this.
  7. Tony

I'm pondering getting W.T. to come here and shoot the snakes off of my screen.:sick:

wedgar and W.T. Jones like this.
  8. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

Speaking of that! One came to the range today. A snake that is. Funny how all the people with guns ran away from it.

Well, I guess the should have since it was a copperhead.

And it was not shot. One of our shooters is a Animal Biologist. Has a fancy name like herpetologist or something but basic level he is a biologist that studies snakes. We watched it and he came back with a fancy hook and a snake box and put the big guy in it. Said it is going to a new home away from people who can hurt it. People who can hurt? What about the people it can hurt. Sheesh.

wedgar likes this.
  9. W.T. Jones

W.T. Jones Moderator Staff Member Silver Member Golden GPS Recipient AtlDiv EPA Leader AtlDiv ARES Member

Really great! I was at the Pittsburgh Zoo once. In the 1950s. Dad said something about me being on the wrong side of the fence after that day.

wedgar likes this.
  10. wedgar

Those kind slither up inside the walls of 5th wheel RV's...

11. wedgar

One of the fairways on a local golf course in Savannah has a caution sign warning you about snakes if your ball goes out of bounds.
    The snakes in that hazard include rattlesnakes, water moccasins and copperheads.

12. wedgar

we had an awesome time with my granddaughter and grandson...